Hospital and surgery Part 2

Ok here goes part 2.

Early on day two, I was sent to radiology for a gastrograffin swallow. One word: gross. I still hadn’t swallowed anything since the surgery, and all of a sudden they handed me a cup of this awful liquorice flavoured thick stuff and told me to swallow a big mouthful. I had to do it four times, it hurt so much and I was convinced I was going to break my new tum. Then they went to another room to look at them and I vomited everywhere. I was utterly sure I’d done damage, and just wanted to be back on the ward with the experts. After about a half hour wait they took me back. That whole part was pretty awful really.

That afternoon I was given some broth and apple juice to try, I managed about a spoon of each. It hurt big time after every swallow. Each meal I was given more clear fluids but barely managed any of them. I’ve come along big time since then, but more on that later.

Thursday morning my drain came out (creeeeeeepy feeling that was) and my IV was removed, and I was free to go. My mum took me back to hers and I recovered so much quicker there.

It’s now 8 days since the op and I’m on holiday with the family. I’m taking it really easy but feeling great, managed a long walk today and the food is going well too. I’ll blog in more detail next week when I’m home.

Hope you’re all well. LJ xx


2 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. mandy
    Jul 10, 2010 @ 11:23:04

    Oh that sounds awful đŸ˜¦
    Where is the good post about how you love your little tum already?


  2. Selina
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 22:30:54

    You are so brave.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: